First a reminder. With respect to children, the following organizations concur that sexual orientation is innate and the efforts to change sexual orientation are ineffective and harmful.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Counseling Association
- American Association of School Administrators
- American Federation of Teachers
- American Medical Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American School Health Association
- American Sociological Association
- Interfaith Alliance Foundation
- National Association of School Psychologists
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Education Association
This is an effort to overturn New Jersey Assembly Bill Number 3371, “An Act concerning the protection of minors from attempts to
change sexual orientation.” Governor Christie signed this bill on August 19.
Liberty Counsel’s claim seems to be that this law violates free speech and free exercise of religion. This is nonsense because we have the right to regulate the speech of professional licensees. Moreover, free exercise of religion can be achieved by seeking counseling from a minister.