November 6 marks the start of Freedom 2015 in Des Moines. The producers change but the script and cast of characters is strikingly similar to other persecuted Christian convocations. Three certified anti-gay hate groups are among the sponsors: American Family Association, American Vision and Generations With Vision. The ultimate objective of all these events is to define religious freedom as the right to discriminate against LGBT citizens. There is also a deliberate effort to erode the Establishment Clause as part of “Christian Nation” ideology.
Behold the victims:
Speakers include “Targeted Men and Women of Faith” The Benham Brothers, Nagmeh Abedini, the Odgaards, Sgt. Philip Monk, Aaron and Melissa Klein, and Randy Pfaff. The organizers are also featuring videos of Barronelle Stutzman and Blaine Adamson who might be participants. You are familiar with most of these.
- The Benham Brothers are always at these events to explain how HGTV refused to produce their television show because of their anti-gay advocacy.
- Abedini is the wife of an Iranian-American Christian pastor imprisoned in Iran. She stands out as the only bona fide victim of anti-Christian persecution.
- Betty and Dick Odgaard own Gortz Haus, an Iowa catering venue that they chose to close rather than serve same-sex weddings.
- Sgt. Philip Monk is the NCO victimized by a lesbian officer who wasn’t victimized at all.
- Aaron and Milissa Klein are the ubiquitous Oregon bigot who own Sweet Cakes by Melissa. Prior to Obergefell, these nitwits refused to bake a cake for a lesbian commitment ceremony.
- Randy Pfaff is a Colorado preacher of the Cowboy Church. He and a similarly minded Christian school principal managed to turn a public high school into a Christian academy until a Jewish teacher complained. This resulted in a rather satisfying consent decree in federal court that re-instituted respect for the Establishment Clause.
- Barronelle Stutzman is that awful Washington florist who wouldn’t sell flowers to be used at a same-sex wedding.
- Blaine Adamson is a bigoted Kentucky t-shirt vendor who wouldn’t make shirts for a gay pride event. A Kentucky court gave him a pass. Home cooking in Dixie.
Every presidential candidate (including Clinton and O’Malley but excluding Bernie Sanders) was invited. None have confirmed. The big sub-event at additional cost:
Stand Up for Christ – Lunch with the Benham Brothers!
Hear the inspiring story of two brothers that gave up their HGTV show for their faith as Christians, and how God used that decision to shape their success today. Meet the brothers, share lunch together, and listen as they share a riveting and practical exhortation on standing for the sake of faith in Christ . . . no matter what the cost!
The Benham Brothers are also doing a breakout session on the Homosexual Agenda™.
Other participants are the usual array of anti-gay advocates including Rafael Cruz (insane Ted’s insane father) and Kelly Shackelford.