|Janet Porter is not celebrating the third anniversary of the ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges. She joins Peter LaBarbera and a group of crazies;|
The latest email from the every-entertaining Janet Porter:
Obergefell didn’t “Settle” Marriage any more than Dred Scott “settled” Slavery
3rd Anniversary Press Conference at Supreme Court Today
Today, the third anniversary of Obergefell v. Hodges, pro-famiy [sic] leaders are holding a press conference at the Supreme Court right now–beginning at 11 a.m.
“Americans who care about truth, virtue and liberty must never accept this Court-imposed lie,” said Americans For Truth president Peter LaBarbera, who organized today’s press conference.
I think that Porter just compared marriage equality to the evils of slavery. Take a look at the sundry cranks joining Porno Pete for a “press conference” that likely won’t attract any real press:
- Charlene Cothran – Christian evangelist; ex-lesbian, former “gay” activist
- William J. Olson, Esq. – General Counsel, Conservative Legal Defense & Education Fund
- Grace Harley – former “transgender,” founder, One Solitary Voice
- Mike McManus – Founder, Marriage Savers
- Mario Diaz, Esq. – General Counsel, Concerned Women for America
- Diane Gramley – Executive Director, American Family Association of Pennsylvania
- Matt Trewhella – pastor and author, The Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates: A Proper Resistance to Tyranny and a Repudiation of Unlimited Obedience to Civil Government
- Doug Mainwaring – writer, LifeSiteNews; in 2015 he originated and co-authored an amicus brief for SCOTUS titled, “Same-Sex Attracted Men and Their Wives.”
- Eugene Delgaudio – founder, Public Advocate
- Brian Fitzpatrick – Board Member, Americans For Truth
- Coach Dave Daubenmire – founder, Pass the Salt Ministries
- David Arthur – ex-transgender/former homosexual prostitute; founder, I Belong, Amen! Ministries
- Rabbi Noson Leiter – Torah Jews for Decency
I am familiar with most of these crackpots. I do not think that I have encountered Matt Trewhella before (check out the title of his book). Most of these people are trying to make a living out of LGBT bigotry. Some are hate group leaders. They managed to find a crazy rabbi which intrigues me. 6,000 years of oppression have taught most of us a thing or two about bigotry.
There is a 2013 piece about Leiter at RightWingWatch. He blames us for hurricanes. His group, Torah Jews for Decency, is not a tax-exempt entity. The most recent post on its website is dated April 12, 2013.
I gather that Peter LaBarbera has given up on Americans for Truth About Homosexuality ever being a tax-exempt entity again. It limits his ability to attract money from foundations which are not generally supposed to donate tax-deducted money to non-eligible organizations. It has been over three years since the IRS revocation. Why would anyone give money to an organization that isn’t sufficiently organized to file tax returns over a three year period?