Facebook has permanently banned LifeSiteNews. LifeSite has content in two Twitter accounts but has been unable to tweet since January in one and March in the other. LifeSiteNews is permanently banned from YouTube as well.
LifeSiteNews (LSN) engages in numerous behaviors that draw the attention of social media providers when content is flagged by viewers:
- In the guise of Catholic piety LSN promotes extremist, unhinged bigotry routinely smearing LGBTQ people. I have been lobbying the Southern Poverty Law Center to designate the organization an anti-LGBTQ hate group. So far my efforts have failed.
- LSN promotes the notion that people will get sick and die if they take a COVID-19 vaccine.
- LSN has promoted the baseless 2020 election myth through at least mid-March, possibly more recently.
LifeSiteNews is based on Canada and it has a United States 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Nonprofit filings are out of compliance and seemingly fraudulent:
- LSN never filed a 2019 tax return.
- For 2017 it reported revenues of $1.1 million.
- For 2018 it reported revenues of $0 and that does not make any sense.
I will submit a referral sometime today.