Thursday, Alliance Defending Freedom was rebuffed by a federal judge it its efforts to obtain an injunction preventing a HUD rule from going into effect. The rule in question prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity.
The potential for this rule to affect the plaintiff in this matter is somewhere between zero and none.
In April of this year College of the Ozarks, a Christian college in Missouri, filed suit against the Biden Administration. Represented by Alliance Defending Freedom, the college’s claim is that the government is forcing the college to place transgender women in female dorms.
I am quite certain that a large number of transgender women are fiercely trying to be admitted to a small Christian college in rural Missouri.
ADF does not acknowledge the scientific fact that transgender women exist. The hate group consistently posits that transgender women are men. Period. According to Julie Marie Blake, a lawyer associated with ADF:
The truth of the matter is that this nonsensical litigation over a nonexistent problem is based on a nonexistent rule. On February 11, HUD released a memo. It refers to a January executive order by President Biden addressing discrimination in the federal workplace and public housing. The memo includes this language:
The memo adds:
On April 20, I speculated:
- Over a two month span, ADF sought a litigant to pursue this matter.
- It found a useful idiot in the president of College of the Ozarks, Jerry C. Davis.
- ADF knows that it will raise enough money off this issue to offset any litigation expenses, … and then some.
- ADF’s claim that a Housing and Urban Development memo somehow applies to a private college is bullshit.
- Moreover, a memo is not a law. HUD merely pledges to investigate charges of discrimination.
- Aside from lacking merit, ordinarily a litigant would seek legal counsel if and when some adverse action occurs.
- Jerry C. Davis (the college’s president) and ADF’s Julie Marie Blake know that no such action will ever occur.
- Even if did happen (it won’t) the college would be afforded ample due process.
- ADF will continue to engage in this manner in order to characterize Democrats as radical transgender activists who “even want to force a Christian school to house biological males in a female dormitory.”
- Ergo, ADF is a participant in creating a wedge issue.
This afternoon, there is a text entry on the docket:
I will watch for the written order to see if I can glean any of Judge Ketchmark’s reasoning.
Note: Alliance Defending Freedom is considered an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.