According to one of Breitbart’s wizards, Susan Berry, Science Says Transgender Hormones and Surgeries Do Not Prevent Suicides.
Berry goes on to write:
Significant research and study, however, has found that transgender medical interventions, such as puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones, and sex transition surgeries do not prevent suicide or improve mental health in gender dysphoric young people.
Bullshit! The clinical practice standards of the American Academy of Pediatrics includes 94 citations. Most of these are peer-reviewed research published to respected academic journals. That was published in October, 2018.
There has been a substantial amount of research published since October, 2018. In all cases the research supports gender-affirming care. I created a list from the first results from Google Scholar based on the date of publication. I eliminated no articles questioning gender-affirming care because they do not exist. A small sample includes:
- Mental Health and Timing of Gender-Affirming Care
- Ethical Issues in Gender-Affirming Care for Youth
- Ensuring Gender-Affirming Care in Nephrology
- “This Could Mean Death for My Child”: Parent Perspectives on Laws Banning Gender-Affirming Care for Transgender Adolescents
- Gender-affirming care in the midwest: Reaching rural populations
- Considerations on medical training for gender-affirming care: Motivations and perspectives
- The experiences of gender diverse and trans children and youth considering and initiating medical interventions in Canadian gender-affirming speciality clinics
“None of these people give a rat’s ass about kids. This is about defending scripture.”
However, she did link to a video consisting of anti-transgender propaganda. I choose not to link to it. However it was produced by Catholic extremist, Jennifer Lahl. It features the usual crackpots including Defender of the Faith Paul Hruz who says:
Of course Hruz does not cite the studies or when they were published and the journal to which they were supposedly published.
Once again, this is remarkably simple and consistent. None of these people give a rat’s ass about kids. This is about defending scripture.
Remove religion from the issue and none of this nonsense would exist.