The self-righteous are promoting eight lies in defense of the faith.
LifeSiteNews — LGBTQ Prejudice Central — is pushing Jennifer Lahl’s idiotic documentary smearing pediatric transgender medicine. I have written the following before and I will write it again because I know it to be true:
“Denying the indisputable science that gender is independent of natal sex is a lie.”
The distorted premise is the first lie. The second through eighth lies are within the following (quoting from LifeSiteNews):
The horror of children being counseled and pressured to falsely change their gender is creating more pain and suffering than the medical and psychiatric establishment wants the public to know. Jim Hale reports from Washington, D.C. about a powerful new documentary that exposes the truth about the transgenderism of children and offers hope that sanity may soon prevail.
“These religious extremists do not give a rat’s ass about the wellbeing of children.”
- Where is the evidence that children are being “pressured” to do anything? There is none because that is a demonstrably false accusation. In simpler terms it is bullshit.
- Transgender people do not change their gender. Were that possible people would opt for congruent gender and natal sex.
- Gender-affirmation is not “falsely” doing anything. Quite the contrary. Denying the indisputable science that gender is independent of natal sex is a lie.
- Children who transition experience less “pain and suffering” if they are supported in their gender. Where, exactly, is the peer-reviewed research that transitioning increases distress? There is none because the premise is false.
- Where the fuck is the evidence that the medical establishment is hiding anything? It’s not a sinister conspiracy to make kids miserable. A credible allegation would cite a particular portion of the clinical practice standards of the American Academy of Pediatrics along with published science in dispute. They do not do so because they cannot do so.
- Presumably they want people to believe that there is a conspiracy among clinicians in order to take advantage of children for money. Nothing could be further from the truth. Moreover, most of these doctors are academics at universities and large teaching hospitals.
- Who the hell is “Jim Hale?” What experience and training does Hale have to critique medical care? None I suppose. Suggesting that he is somehow authoritative is a lie.
The bottom line to this nonsense — and it is nonsense is that, in defense of the faith, these people are trying to convince parents to ignore established medical science. That is what represents a sinister conspiracy.
These religious extremists do not give a rat’s ass about the wellbeing of children. They are more interested in religious dogma. To put it more bluntly, these horrible people are promoting child abuse with lies and distortions.
On July 16, Dr. Jack Turban, a fellow at Stanford and a leading researcher regarding pediatric transgender medicine posted a declaration in the Arkansas matter. I assume you know that the state has been enjoined — for now — from enforcing a state law prohibiting gender-affirming medical care for minors.
“… all existing evidence indicates that gender-affirming medical interventions improve mental health outcomes for transgender adolescents …”
Here is Dr. Turban’s summary:
Turban is more diplomatic than I am. Besides, this is a court declaration and submitted with an oath of truthfulness. In essence Turban is saying that Paul Hruz and Mark Regnerus are full of shit.